checking stock ...

2022 Schwarz Chenin Blanc

Barossa ValleyWhite

$ 28.00 AUD

1

Spend $150 for Free Shipping

The Chenin Blanc vineyard at Light Pass was handpicked on 27th February 2020 into half tonne bins and stored in a cool room overnight. The following morning 30% of the fruit was rolled through the crusher with stalks intact while the other 70% was destemmed and crushed. A portion of the fruit was pressed after two hours maceration and settled in tank overnight. Once fermentation had begun (with natural yeast) a French Hogs head was filled, the remainder stayed in stainless tank to finish fermentation.The second portion of fruit was macerated for three days on skins to give more texture, mouthfeel and flavour before being pressed to stainless tank to settle overnight.Once fermentation started (with natural yeast) the juice was racked to French Hogs Heads to complete their fermentation. Both parcels of wine had SO2 added once fermentation was completed to stop any malolactic fermentation occurring. The wines were lees stirred regularly to add extra mouth feel and richness to the finished wine.Blending occurred in August 2020. The wine was protein and cold stabilised and cross- flow filtered prior to bottling in early September 2020. 181 dozen produced.Vegan friendly.

Region - Barossa Valley

Type - White

Year - 2022

Winery - Schwarz Wine Company

Grape - Chenin Blanc

Volume - Standard - 750ml

About the wine

Tasting notes

The 2020 Chenin bursts with green apples and limes, yellow grapefruit, and fresh green grapes along with what is becoming a signature of this wine – a kind of gravelly minerality amongst the fresh-cut fruit characters. There’s a tang to this, in the nicest and most thirst-quenching sense, racy and clean with stacks of pithy texture.

Wine descriptors

Juicy and Fruity, Totally Smashable, Vegan Friendly, Vibrant and Exciting

Fruit aromas & flavour

Apples and Pear, Citrus

Other aromas & flavour

Florals, Minerality, Spices

Body type

medium

Acidity

medium

Food pairings

Pork

Cheese

Pizza

Fish

Red Meat

Pasta

BBQ

Vegetables

Poultry

Shellfish

Oysters

Spicy Foods

Cured Meats

Desserts

The Grape

Chenin Blanc

Chenin Blanc is a white grape variety most famous for the beautifully lean and mineral expressions that come out of the Loire Valley in France and the rich and sweet expressions from South Africa. The wines are very aromatic and fruit forward, with flavours of quince, pear, yellow apple, chamomile and honey and can be made in a diverse range of style from sparkling, to lean and mineral, all the way to rich and even fortified. Chenin Blanc is quickly becoming a first choice for lovers of complex and fruity white wines and we think it's only the beginning for this amazing grape.

You also might like

Similar Wines

Learn more
Learn more
Learn more